Censoring

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Censoring

#161 Post by om15 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:57 am

I thought you were ignoring me, that didn't last long did it.

I have no idea who the other members of the group are, they are understandably keeping very quiet.

The fact that all this dialog is going on indicates that you have lost the plot.

Enjoy your sandcastles.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#162 Post by admin2 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:19 am

I'm ignoring your bleating, not when you need help. The information on the group has been on the site for a only long time. I didn't see your nominations.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#163 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:53 am

You never knew if your neighbour was a member of the Stasi but it was safer to assume he was.
I could tell an interesting story about the DDR's Stasi, particularly about their reach! :-ss

As for this site and the current 'dispute'; I have no issue with the moderation. I will admit to becoming somewhat tired of the foul language shown by some and I have virtually no interest in Music Videos, but that's just me.

I still view this site as being far more tolerant of differing views than TOP and I have previously noted that some members of this hallowed site can be in extreme difference and on occasion mildly abusive towards each other but generally offer apologies to the other party once they have 'cooled off' a bit. I have rarely if ever witnessed this on TOP.

Finally,
Personally I would like to see Slasher, Sisemen, Fox, Stacker, AK and all the others back on the site,
So would I, but I suspect that decision is up to them. Or maybe in one or two cases they may have to be the first to offer the Olive branch. Not my decision.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#164 Post by Dushan » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:21 pm

They won’t be back. If they were to come back they would have to be all made moderators in order to maintain moderator to regular member ratio of ON.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#165 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:23 pm

Dushan wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:21 pm
They won’t be back. If they were to come back they would have to be all made moderators in order to maintain moderator to regular member ratio of ON.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#166 Post by Dushan » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:33 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:23 pm

We might as well put Rob-the-Mod from TOP in charge.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#167 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:46 pm

Dushan wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:33 pm
TheGreenGoblin wrote:

I don't think that there is a soul on this site that comes close to that man's perversity of spirit!

Seriously though I guess the old biblical question "am I my brother's keeper?" pertains here, and I suspect the answer to that is, or should be, "yes!". If we genuinely care about another's behaviour, or rather each other's behaviour, then peer pressure is likely to be very effective, inter pares. We don't need the Stasi, but just some good will on all sides. ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#168 Post by Dushan » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:56 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:46 pm
Dushan wrote:
TheGreenGoblin wrote:

I don't think that there is a soul on this site that comes close to that man's perversity of spirit!

Maybe so, but then why are we buying red ink in 50 gallon drums?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#169 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:08 pm

Dushan wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:56 pm
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:46 pm
Dushan wrote:

Maybe so, but then why are we buying red ink in 50 gallon drums?
Better correction or advice, in public, rather than perverse games played in the background as in the case of The Other Place. As one who has sinned, here, far more than I have been sinned against, I am apt to give the gaffer the benefit of the doubt. So what if there are as many mods as there are people who are moderated, so long as there is a basic respect between all parties then it can work, irrespective of people's intrinsic differences, or whatever, or am I being naïve? I suspect a basic politeness is all that is needed really.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#170 Post by Dushan » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:48 pm

I don’t see lack of politeness and respect for each other as a big problem here.
Do I really care what some unknown person, on the Internet, calls me?
Do I care that a guy on a cold and damp island calls the greatest nation on earth “Septics”?
Do I care that a guy on a small island, full of sheep, thinks that North Koreans are the only honorable people on Earth?

Yes, there are those who spew BS and are vulgar, at times, but from the look of things the greatest offense here seems to be some imaginary “clash with laws” as if some government body monitors this site for subversive activity.
That’s just having visions of (non-existent) grandeur.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#171 Post by OFSO » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:00 pm

Who are moderators protecting by their censorship? Those who read a post and despite being outraged or horrified by what they read, continue to read it or return to the thread? Are these people so weak-willed that they require others to protect them from what they could easily avoid themselves? That's what the moderators believe. And how do the moderators set the level at which they censor? Common decency? No such thing exists. So in the name of protecting those very few who are offended, we who are possessed of sense and sensibility, we who are able to look elsewhere if we are offended, lose out. It was always thus: from the time a caveman drew a risque sketch on a rock wall, someone surely rushed up to stop the feeble-minded seeing it - for their own good.

admin2
Capt
Capt

#172 Post by admin2 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:07 pm

OFSO - what do you feel you are 'losing out on'?

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#173 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:42 pm

om15 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:53 am
We have, as you all know, a small but 'beautifully formed' group of members assisting with 'admin' decisions.

I would like to 'recruit' volunteers from the areas where time zones are around 12 hours adrift on GMT, ie the antipodes etc., and also from the USA. If anyone is interested, please contact me via PM: Admin2

Ops Normal Moderators.

ON Moderators.jpg

The only site with more moderators than members.
As one one of the three women on the team you could at least have included a picture from the latest Dads Army film. =)) :D

=))
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#174 Post by om15 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:37 pm

My dear Mrs Ex A, my apologies for the omission, I didn't realise the sheriff's deputies were ladies!

Out of curiosity, what exactly do you three ladies do to preserve our sensibilities? Are three ladies enough, it doesn't sound very many, not for a forum this size.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#175 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:19 pm

I mean heaven forfend, that, either in love or war, women should succumb or play dumb...

I trust this will not be misconstrued...

Love, like ops-normal, is a battlefield...

In these matters I am apt to think that women are far more sensible, not least because they don't have that big dick, schlong, ego, thing going on!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#176 Post by om15 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:44 pm

I have now had two posts removed by our self imposed moderator, I have been on this forum since day 1, I don't swear, post whilst drunk or make personal attacks on anyone, however I fear I must depart as I am unable to post my thoughts here due to the new moderation policy.
I have enjoyed your company.

Admin2: You have had two posts removed as they do constitute personal attacks on a member. Whether they are 'drunken' as well as 'abusive' I have no way of telling, but you did say you abhor that sort of behaviour. Farewell.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#177 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:00 pm

om15 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:44 pm
I have now had two posts removed by our self imposed moderator, I have been on this forum since day 1, I don't swear, post whilst drunk or make personal attacks on anyone, however I fear I must depart as I am unable to post my thoughts here due to the new moderation policy.
I have enjoyed your company.

You have had two posts removed as they do constitute personal attacks on member. Whether they are 'drunken' as well as 'abusive' I have no way of telling, but you did say you abhor that sort of behaviour. Farewell.
I have had multiple posts removed, one of which was denigrating you. For which I apologise, again, to you, if you ever saw it, because the mod saw what a dick I was being...

Let it be man, our ***** goes back electronically for more years than needs be...

Don't leave om15, your point of view is as much valid as mine, and to our antagonism I do cleave! ;)))

Think, if you leave, who would I berate for my dislike of your bloke, what his name, and who could you admonish for his mad, drunken outbursts from life to the Russians...

;)))

Mike (aka TGG)
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#178 Post by OFSO » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:32 pm

I am 'losing out' on my ability (I'm avoiding the trap of saying "my right") to pick and chose what I want to read and what I want to ignore, as you have removed that choice from me.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#179 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:48 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:32 pm
I am 'losing out' on my ability (I'm avoiding the trap of saying "my right") to pick and chose what I want to read and what I want to ignore, as you have removed that choice from me.
I think, we should get over ourselves and say buggah...

No Man it was "booger"...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#180 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:57 pm

Whatever we do here, we have to work with the gaffer to "wake" this place up...

And if anybody mentions "woke" they will be beaten (like the Russians) to death!

;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."