Climate Crisis!!!!

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Climate Crisis!!!!

#481 Post by barkingmad » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:50 pm

A little known figure for air source heat pumps in the UK is that they're not expected to work well if OAT is below +2* Celsius, so good luck with that one.

More bad news from the sceptics side in this discussion on inaccurate data so Garbage In, Garbage Out still rules ok?!

And as it is still up on YouTrueb then it must be kosher?

But it's a very telling discussion with more photographic evidence that the Climate Warming really is a man-made phenomenon, there, I said that?! :-?

It includes some more "Inconvenient Truth" about that brave pioneer, Senator All Bore, who warned us all years ago about impending doom but some did not take him seriously.

Watch and enjoy and when there are no photos or graphs to digest, just let your eyes rest on La Belle Linnea which makes an occasionally amusing video more of a pleasure than a chore! :x

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#482 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:45 pm

This eminent climatologist seems to have a very good idea about what's going on.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#483 Post by OFSO » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:23 pm

We use reverse cycle a/c units to boost the temperature of the feeble Spanish central heating and yes, the cycle time it takes for them to assemble heat from outside and transfer it indoors increases notably as the temperature drops. OAT of 10°c, they work fine. Down below 5°, take longer. Add rain to that, much longer.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#484 Post by barkingmad » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:32 pm

Is this yet another measure to reduce 'plague' infection rates whilst saving the planet for the relatively short duration of onshore generation from turbines?;

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/11/24/gre ... -turbines/

Mind you if they're inbound long-haulers from Wuhan, fleeing amorous pangolins, they're likely so tired they're unable to take avoiding action. :-o

talmacapt
Capt
Capt

#485 Post by talmacapt » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:45 am

It is a pity that, when people talk about heat pumps, they are referring to AIR source heat pumps, typically a/c units working in reverse.

Here, in Finland, heat pumps are generally GROUND source heat pumps and, from experience, they certainly work at -37c as I heat my house with one.

Yes, the initial cost is high, requiring, in addition to the "box" and, ideally, underfloor heating, either a very (circa 250m) deep hole, a large lake (the bottom of which does not freeze) or a sizeable plot of land.

We have a very deep hole.

GSHP are somewhat more efficient than ASHP.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#486 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:09 am

Another eminent scientist speaks complete sense.

Quite a long video, but as usual the first bit (c.22 mins) is devoted to explaining why he is qualified to offer an opinion.

Well worth a watch.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#487 Post by barkingmad » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:44 am

Thought for the day, and indeed every, day until these Climate Change charlatans are exposed and chased out into the ordinary labour market where they might be able to earn an honest crust for a change, though that is doubtful;

https://gridwatch.templar.co.uk

https://www.energydashboard.co.uk/live

https://grid.iamkate.com

I trust a similar facility for wiggly amps watchers is available in your own territories?

Noticeable over the last few days here in Blighty is the magnificent contribution towards total energy by the home-brewed solar and wind vanity projects as we bask in the classic meteorological blocking pressure pattern and near freezing temperatures? :-q

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#488 Post by Boac » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:23 pm

What does your scientific background tell you the effect of 'near freezing temperatures' has on 'home-brewed solar vanity projects'?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#489 Post by barkingmad » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:51 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:23 pm
What does your scientific background tell you the effect of 'near freezing temperatures' has on 'home-brewed solar vanity projects'?
My commonsense, if I'm allowed such discretion, tells me the 'home-brewed solar vanity projects' are as useless as a chocolate teapot in the current UK weather conditions!

I have to presume you have/are checking the current (NPI!) contribution made to the National Grid by these virtue signalling money pits?! :-? :-B

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#490 Post by Boac » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:57 pm

Then your commonsense, is ?surprisingly? faulty. Change your teapot.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#491 Post by John Hill » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:05 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:51 pm
My commonsense, if I'm allowed such discretion, tells me the 'home-brewed solar vanity projects' are as useless as a chocolate teapot in the current UK weather conditions!
Photo voltaic cells absorb energy from sun's light, not temperature and solar panels work with high efficiency in cold climate.
Fortunately your commonsense is not universal.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#492 Post by barkingmad » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:08 pm

Ooh dear, the counter claims of the opposition to Project Fear Mk2 keep on coming in ever ferocious and destructive tsunamis;

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/11/30/atl ... alarmists/

If, thousands of years after homo erectus first rubbed 2 Boy Scouts together to make a fire, we are still alive surviving the incredible CO2 concentrations required to keep vegetation alive, then the CO2 case weakens daily as does the case for us all to return to the Middle Ages... :)) =))

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#493 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:11 pm

More CO2, more vegetation.
More vegetation, less CO2

It's almost as if we don't need to do anything... ;)))

Not that the elites would mind the Middle Ages..serfs knew their place!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#494 Post by Boac » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:13 pm

Ooh dear,
A classic demonstration of a 'what-aboutism-attempt-at-distraction-from-a-major-error'. Arsehole and mouth?

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#495 Post by Smeagol » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:02 am

I must join in this friendly chat on behalf of Barking.

As I may have indicated at some time in the past I spent the later years of my career working on projects constructing offshore wind farms and whilst I accept that they form a valuable part of our generating capacity they can never be suitable for the provision of base load as is apparent from the atmospheric conditions that have prevalent over the last few days, a blocking high over northern europe/Russia, when the total output from ALL the UK windfarms will be at most a few percent of demand. This coupled with the fact that it gets dark every day demonstrates that we need some other source of energy to generate the electricity we require. If we were to rely on wind and solar we need 100% back-up from a reliable source to cover these windless (and dark) periods.
Also, if you have looked closely to the https://gridwatch.templar.co.uk information for the last few days you may have noticed that we have been importing more than 10% of our requirement via interconnectors to France, Belgium, Norway and even Ireland. Without this imported energy we would already be in the dark!
We hates Bagginses!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#496 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:15 am

Base load.
What every engineer understands and every green politician ignores.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#497 Post by John Hill » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:36 am

Smeagol wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:02 am
This coupled with the fact that it gets dark every day demonstrates that we need some other source of energy to generate the electricity we require. If we were to rely on wind and solar we need 100% back-up from a reliable source to cover these windless (and dark) periods.
Errr, yes, 100% back-up in the form of storage but we also need 200% generator capacity.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#498 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:13 pm

What happened to the 'donkeys on the treadmill?'

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#499 Post by Boac » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:21 pm

Not much use, I'm afraid, as I think you will find their 'total energy' is degraded by the 'near freezing temperatures'?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#500 Post by barkingmad » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:42 pm

If you've been sated and saturated by the corrections to the "Climate Crisis" con, illustrated by faulty surface temperature reports, here's a little nugget on the topic of hurricanes which tends to blow the disaster scenarios outa the water and back into the cinemas;

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/11/30/atl ... alarmists/

The emperor appears to have shed all his clothes...?

Meanwhile oop northeast England the first snow of the winter now coats the street outside my kennel but I must continue to shiver/sweat about glowball warming in sub-zero Centigrade temperatures. :O3

In Met lectures at aviation skule nearly half a century ago, I learnt that this phenomenon was called weather, but such events are now eagerly grasped by the panicmongers and translated into predictions of climate doom.

Presumably the current UK weather heralds the arrival of the new Ice-Age which was forecast in the 1970s but appears to be running a bit late. :)) =))

P S. Dunno how this underline thing appeared, perhaps a resident geek could advise me?