Catching up with an old Ex

By Popular Request - Modded by the Girls of Ops-Normal.
Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Catching up with an old Ex

#1 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:21 am

Posted this last night in the other place while I was having logging on problems here.....and then it was closed (surprise!) by my personal attack on one of the usual antagonisng 'patrons'

Back in the day (when I was 19) & blasting (?) around the islands and inland towns in (or rather on!) an A582 Drifter similar to this....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/robertfrola/21901976934

I was romanticallly attached to a 29 year old Danish Woman...all was very well in the world indeed!.....now there are a lot of people in relationships with a 10 year or more difference....but as my friend pointed out the other day the diff. between 19 & 29 is considerably different to say 33 & 43...yes I would agree....benefit of hindsight and all that...but as an Aussie 19 yr old with a blonde Scando bombshell Nympho girlfriend.....well, who was I going to listen to?

Long story short, out of the blue a few yrs ago she contacts me...and I hang up on her..through shock! I am happily married now...but Mrs Fliegs insists I ring her back...we chatted for a bit..she's evidentally just as mad as bat ***** now as she was then!...and for a the last 2-3 yrs send each other "Merry Christmas to you and your children" txts...nice..spirit of the season kind of stuff and that's it...now she's moved about 2 hours away...and let me know....and being friendly I said "That's lovely..i'll look you up if i'm in that neck of the woods"....on the 10th October I will be in that location, and have arranged to meet for a lunch date catch up..

Mrs Fliegs said "Of course you should look her up! She was a big part of your life once!".... Once I told Mrs Fliegs that that was exactly what I was doing she didn't seem so enthusiastic.....but then I would never hide anything from her....

So curiosity is rather killing me....sure I'm curious since the last time I saw you....what became of you? What have you done? etc etc....and at the same time I really do not know if I'm doing the right thing....she kinda scares me now....we'll try to fit in 20+ yrs of catch up in an hour....? It was not the most amicable of break ups.....but a lot of water has passed under the bridge now...
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

Capetonian

Re: Catching up with an old Ex

#2 Post by Capetonian » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:28 am

Bad idea, she sounds as if she might be a bunny boiler.
I met up with an ex girlfriend in Cape Town a few years ago and bitterly wished I hadn't.
Couldn't wait to see the back of her, and I don't mean that because she had a nice backside!

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:10 am

Yeah yeah ....I know....'curiosity killed the cat' and all that.....but part of me is also "Ha ha, look what you let go!"....which is probably a bit nasty and not me at all really...a learnt (bitchy) trait perhaps from having so many girlfriends in recent times (that is to say friends that are Women, not romantic girlfriends)

Sisemen

#4 Post by Sisemen » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:20 am

Your brain should be saying "flee, flee, flee".

One hopes that bit wins rather than the bit that says "Ah, just the one root can't do any harm - can it?"

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:44 am

Ha ha Siseman....NO! That will NOT be happening!

dubbleyew eight
Capt
Capt

#6 Post by dubbleyew eight » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:50 am

take your wife with you. it will control the situation.

I have two friends who caught up with old girlfriends. bonked them and rue the messy divorce afterward.
totally screwed their lives.

...but you want to live dangerously so stop complaining.

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:31 am

I am NOT going to bonk her!!!.....There is NO way Mrs Fliegs will go to meet her and that is understandable! What is lovley is Mrs Fliegs support to go and meet up with her....and the faith implied....what sort of f*%king clown could mess that up!! .... your 2 mates I suppose W8... ~X( ......LOL ??

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:39 am

Now the header to the Agony Aunt thread is "Modded by the Agony Aunt Girls"...be interested to hear their take on this.....

Sisemen

#9 Post by Sisemen » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:25 pm

It may not be YOUR intention to root her but I'll put on London to a brick that's what's in HER mind!! You will be mere putty once the hormones take over.

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Ya reckon mate?....I think (I know) I am better than that...... :)

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by OFSO » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:59 pm

OFSO does not have this trouble. All of my exes loath, hate and detest me from the bottom of their hearts (or possibly the heart of their bottoms). That's what a man earns for refusing to bend to a woman's will and do their bidding.

Capetonian

#12 Post by Capetonian » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:07 pm

Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her an expensive house.

John Cleese (I think).

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#13 Post by limeygal » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:34 pm

I'll make this quick-you and Mrs F are both idiots (I mean that in the nicest possible way! :) )-her for encouraging you and you for thinking she meant it. If you go, then you deserve all you get. Blunt I know, but as you have apparently ignored the guys' advice, perhaps this will be more effective . :YMHUG:

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Fliegenmong » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:00 am

Thanks Limey! I appreciate the reply, and the tone of it! :-bd

You clearly think (As Siseman does) that she has in her mind that this is more than just a lunch catch up?? :( .... Am I then really that naive? :( .... I really did want to hear from a Woman's perspective....I would have thought that 'catching up' over lunch really would entail just that.....sex never even entered my head (either head! lol) .....I would have thought it to be even more so for Women.... . (confused smiley??)

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by 500N » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:16 am

Fliegs

PM sent to you re a subject others might be interested in the outcome of.

Sisemen

#16 Post by Sisemen » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:43 am

Fliegs - it's a test. The correct answer is "jeez, why would I want to catch up with her? I didn't really fancy her too much when I was seeing her. You're the only one for me now Petunia (insert wife/partner name)"

So far you're not doing too good and you're going to have to do a lot of work to even claw your way back from this point :-q

Take it from one who knows!

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Fliegenmong » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:48 am

Oh.....hmmmm.....I see...I see what you're saying Siseman!!....well, I'm taking Mrs Fliegs to Paris for her birthday 2 days after...so that should earn some points back! LOL

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by OFSO » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:17 pm

I'm taking Mrs Fliegs to Paris for her birthday 2 days after.

Would that perchance be around October 13th - 15th ? One will also be there then and I would like to know whether protective clothing is called for.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by Boac » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:21 pm

OFSO - don't stand under the Eiffel tower..............

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:05 pm

My advice is quite simple; tell the long ago ex that you do not want to see her.

Then you take your wife away for a very special holiday together.

Then you never have any more contact with the long ago ex, and live happily ever after with your very lovely wife and family!

There, sorted! :YMHUG:
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.