Catching up with an old Ex

By Popular Request - Modded by the Girls of Ops-Normal.
Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Catching up with an old Ex

#41 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:27 am

:YMAPPLAUSE: Glad we have a happy ending! :YMHUG: :-bd

Also glad I was wrong about a very nice lady. :ymblushing:
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by Fliegenmong » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:08 pm

Yes.....it was exactly as I had hoped for! :-bd ..... (She still has some massive discrepancies in the stories she tells....and I still never know what to believe or not.....but it really does not matter any more.....

She is there as a background friend...that Mrs Fliegs will never need to meet....and I can always txt, catch up with.....it's very odd....but also very lovely...she also has an investment property in Port Douglas (May or may not be true???) that I can always use if I ever find myself in 'FNQ' again I suppose.....
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

Slasher

#43 Post by Slasher » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:29 pm

Lovely heartwarming story Fliegs! :YMHUG: :YMPARTY: :YMAPPLAUSE:

You didn't get any then. :-w

Sisemen

#44 Post by Sisemen » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:30 pm

:-bd "...............

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by Fliegenmong » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:49 pm

Didn't want 'any' slasher....But I did get EXACTLY what I wanted...a happy long distant lover who is now a friend....who I can catch up with no complications, and Mrs Fliegs is fine with.. :-bd

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by Fliegenmong » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Oh I meant long distant lover who is no longer a lover of course...a background friend.....who I can always txt to.... tis nice...:) .... she is still bat ***** crazy....she really is...but we're in a good place.....all goood with her....and all good with Mrs Fliegs... :-bd

Sisemen

#47 Post by Sisemen » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:04 pm

Freudian slip n'est c'pas?

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by Fliegenmong » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:14 pm

Well your French probably better than mine Siseman....so it's lost on me :) ........but all is good in the world right now........happy long distant lovers...happy darling soulmate.....in bed ...into which I am about to retire....Bliss........

Slasher

#49 Post by Slasher » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:17 pm

tis nice...:) ....

Er... it's spelt with two "t"s mate. ;)

happy long distant lovers....

He just made another one Sise. :))

Heh heh...I think ol' Fliegs got himself some! :D

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:53 am

Nup!! ...was nothing but a lovely catch up! ... worth every second! And no sex! or even a suggestion of!!..yes heart warming stuff...could not hope for anything better!

Bless the MAD old girl....for she is certainly mad!...still so MAD .....but she's stoked to have never have married, I;m stoked to be married.....and we have something something special as friends! .......as my gym/zumba girlfriends say.....LOVE! :-bd

Life is good! :YMHUG:

rgbrock1
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#51 Post by rgbrock1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Fliegenmong wrote:Posted this last night in the other place while I was having logging on problems here.....and then it was closed (surprise!) by my personal attack on one of the usual antagonisng 'patrons'

Back in the day (when I was 19) & blasting (?) around the islands and inland towns in (or rather on!) an A582 Drifter similar to this....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/robertfrola/21901976934

I was romanticallly attached to a 29 year old Danish Woman...all was very well in the world indeed!.....now there are a lot of people in relationships with a 10 year or more difference....but as my friend pointed out the other day the diff. between 19 & 29 is considerably different to say 33 & 43...yes I would agree....benefit of hindsight and all that...but as an Aussie 19 yr old with a blonde Scando bombshell Nympho girlfriend.....well, who was I going to listen to?

Long story short, out of the blue a few yrs ago she contacts me...and I hang up on her..through shock! I am happily married now...but Mrs Fliegs insists I ring her back...we chatted for a bit..she's evidentally just as mad as bat *sh*t* now as she was then!...and for a the last 2-3 yrs send each other "Merry Christmas to you and your children" txts...nice..spirit of the season kind of stuff and that's it...now she's moved about 2 hours away...and let me know....and being friendly I said "That's lovely..i'll look you up if i'm in that neck of the woods"....on the 10th October I will be in that location, and have arranged to meet for a lunch date catch up..

Mrs Fliegs said "Of course you should look her up! She was a big part of your life once!".... Once I told Mrs Fliegs that that was exactly what I was doing she didn't seem so enthusiastic.....but then I would never hide anything from her....

So curiosity is rather killing me....sure I'm curious since the last time I saw you....what became of you? What have you done? etc etc....and at the same time I really do not know if I'm doing the right thing....she kinda scares me now....we'll try to fit in 20+ yrs of catch up in an hour....? It was not the most amicable of break ups.....but a lot of water has passed under the bridge now...

Do NOT go there. Just don't.
Pro Deo et Constitutione — Libertas aut Mors

Slasher

#52 Post by Slasher » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:34 am

Seriously Fliegs...from re-reading all your posts I conclude all you were after was some sort of CLOSURE. That explains IMHO why you wanted to catch up with your Danish ex but keep the bonking factor out of the equation.

Fair nuff.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#53 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Oh well, all ended happily. Pretty boring really. Should have given her a good old seeing to over the restaurant table. OK, the condiments may have gone flying but there are waiters to pick them up along with her knickers.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Slasher

#54 Post by Slasher » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:17 am

At a restaurant table nothing that disarms an old flame more than when you clink glasses, then leave over to her ear and whisper "I'm out..."

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#55 Post by Fliegenmong » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:36 pm

Ha ha yeah, slasher..it was a closure I was after I think.....sorry to be boring people,!...but is now really nice to be here, and friends....at a safe distance...it is ( for want of a better word) .... nice..

Mrs Fliegs all good...and she is having an absolute ball here in Paris!!!!....if not a little distressed that I can roughly converse with the local populace, whereas she cannot! Lol...

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by Magnus » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Back in the halcyon days, I was mid-split with a GF, setting out on a new venture with the current MrsP, but had a holiday fling with a rather attractive Norwegian lass. All 3 turned up at one of my gigs. I had never realised I could juggle.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#57 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Magnus wrote:Back in the halcyon days, I was mid-split with a GF, setting out on a new venture with the current MrsP, but had a holiday fling with a rather attractive Norwegian lass. All 3 turned up at one of my gigs. I had never realised I could juggle.

That's what in my band of friends we used to call "handling crossing traffic". We had that expression from a friend who is in a job requiring high level of negotiation skills and then one day in the local airport he met his ex (who put him in his current job) while he was with his current (who have married his job not him). According to another friend he did fall on his knees and pray as a way to avoid those two ladies meet each other.

Also I was drinking beers with a fellow member and the then current lady when an Ex walked buy. She just said "don't even think to say hi or wave". Her father, I think owns or have access to a gun so I complied.

Since it is a dear subject I keep some contacts with some Exs (including those on the previous paragraph) but unfortunately not with some of those who really matters.

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#58 Post by Fliegenmong » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:03 pm

Regularly text each other now..and a friendship we have...and that is, for want of a better word 'Nice'...... :) A happy outcome...:)

Sisemen

#59 Post by Sisemen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:20 pm

It's always good to have a happy ending nudge, nudge wink, wink, know what I mean.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Driving Laws

#60 Post by OFSO » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:56 pm

Dear Agony Aunt

I have just been told that it's the law in Sweden that I have to drive with my headlamps on if it's raining.

How can I find out if it's raining in Sweden ?

Yours, M. Minor