Problems with emails from South Africa to .btinternet email addresses

Title says it all
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Problems with emails from South Africa to .btinternet email addresses

#21 Post by Boac » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:28 am

Setting up a gmail account on a smartphone should not present any difficulties and sending receiving should be as 'simple' (3g poermitting...) as using your own domain's service.Hopefully this bocking will be a short-term issue but if you find it happening a lot you can try asking fastnet you move your hosting to a dedicated IP - 'twill cost you, though. However, if that goes through the company accounts......................

My No1 son wot does my hosting etc had this problem with a 'shared' email server IP and spent a bit of his company dosh on a dedicated server, since when the problems have ceased.

Changing your email address will not improve anything (unless your system is spamming on that address as well :)) ) as it is the fastnet email IP that was being blocked, not yours.

Capetonian

#22 Post by Capetonian » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:35 pm

Have had problems with my .btinternet emails today across 4 devices, each using different software. Couldn't send or receive emails.
Rang the Premium Email Helpless line ......... guy refused to admit that there was a problem on their side, wanted me to check setting etc. Bollocks.
So we go through the stupid verification process, quite pointless as I was asking a general question.

Part of the verification process is he sends me a PIN to make sure it's me. He sends it to the frigging email account that I had already told him is not working.

I made a New Year's resolution not to be rude to people in Indian call centres ....... I was sarcastic but not rude.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#23 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:00 am

Capetonian wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:35 pm
I made a New Year's resolution not to be rude to people in Indian call centres ....... I was sarcastic but not rude.
Don't worry Cape I will make up for you. I usually claim that I don't understand them, which I don't, and ask for someone who speaks English.

Bizarre situation with Gmail. Two folk on Amorgos on Gmail get my e-mails via our domain name but one doesn't. I have to Gmail them which is a complete pain. Then I lose the e-mail because it isn't in Outlook.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by Boac » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:30 am

"Then I lose the e-mail because it isn't in Outlook." - maybe add a working address of yours to the Gmail send - then you'd have a record?

Capetonian

#25 Post by Capetonian » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:38 am

You can add Gmail to Outlook.

This is something I could consider doing for you in return for a trip to Botswana!